Fasteroids development update (tools)
Yesterday I mentioned that over the past couple of days I've been working on reinstalling GameMaker Studio (both 1.4.x and 2.x) on my laptop. This evening I spent some time fixing some issues with the latest version of Fasteroids. Here's some of what I managed to do (after working a full day at CR):
- Fixed the issue with the high score not being set when you get a high score (this was working in an earlier version and I tried to "fix" an issue with it and ended up breaking it).
- Set Fasteroids to start in "windowed" mode rather than full screen. You can still switch to full screen using the "f" key.
- Changed the startup music to some Creative Commons Licensed Music (Commercial allowed with attribution, but at this point not thinking commercial).
- Reworked the about screen to use the "Arial" font for most of the text, it looks cleaner.
- Added the attribution information for the title song used
After this post I'm reworking the icon file. I'd changed the icon in a different version (compiled) but didn't seem to keep the source. Luckily I can just screenshot it and rework it in The GIMP.
Speaking of which, here are the tools I'm using to develop Fasteroids:
- GameMaker Studio 1.4.x
- The GIMP
- Aseprite (haven't used it yet)
More updates coming shortly. I'm pretty stoked and working on Fasteroids once again!