Fasteroids (log): July 28, 2017
It's hard to believe that it's been over a month since I've been working on Fasteroids in one way or another. This morning I woke up early (5am) and worked on Fasteroids for a bit. Much of what I was working on was something new I wanted to implement, but it didn't work as expected and unfortunately the only tutorials on the subject don't cover why the effect didn't work as desired. I re-stepped through the tutorials and no luck, but it might be something I come back to in the future as I learn more GML. I'm sure I can achieve the effect better with GML than how the tutorial showed.
What I did get done was a bug fix where you could enter an infinite amount of text when you got a score high enough to be on the top 10 scores. This meant Antidisestablishmentarianism was perfectly fine as a name. The long name would draw over the score and look sloppy, so I've trimmed the high scores down to 10. In the screen shot below I typed "Harry Potter's Sorting Hat" and it humorously came out HarryPott.
I introduced some new features and fixed a bug this evening. Resuming work on Fasteroids now.