I had a bit of a breakthrough with an issue that I was having with one of the objects I was trying to implement. It's now working wonderfully and I figured out how I might make it a bit more interesting. For now I'm going to be a bit sparse on the details until the object is fully implemented as I'd like.
I found a major bug in the new version of Fasteroids I released to family and friends. Just before releasing Fasteroids I added some animation to the ship. When I added that animation it did a couple of things: a) made the player invincible, b) when you moved the animation continued to "fire" even if you stopped. I fixed the animation so that when you stopped the animation stopped, but this introduced another bug, the temporary invincibility when you first start/die restart stopped running. I fixed both bugs after midnight (so technically this should be the July 31 blog).
Not much to report since the last Fasteroids log as I've been swamped with work at home. This might seem like a bad thing, but it's really about having a good environment to work in. It also made me appreciate how much work my wife does beyond the stuff I do to help her at home - she is awesome and I'll be spending more time helping her. Tonight I plan on working on Fasteroids, but I need to head out to pick up some organizational supplies, then do a bit of heavy work and cleaning at home.
This evening I spent time squashing the Asteroid no-wrap bug where asteroids sometimes disappear and don't wrap around the screen. I've tested a little, but more testing will be needed in order to determine if I've fixed the problem.
I've also made a change to how "Lives" are displayed. Rather than displaying a number, Fasteroids now shows a ship for each life. I tested up to a free life and it seems to work.